Monday, August 19, 2013

So this happened ...

A couple weekends ago I stood up in my cousin's wedding and I'm very good friends with the bride. The ceremony was beautiful and perfect, the reception was a blast. I gave a fantastic speech :)
and then later in the evening I was approached by one of the bride's cousins, but she didn't approach me as the bride's friend, Matron of Honor, or even as a cousin of the Groom. She approached me as Kelli Evans.
As in the author version of me!
"Kelli Evans?" she asked, "As in the author Kelli Evans?"
Shocked, I nodded. "Yep, that's me."
This has never happened before... and I don't know when it will happen again but it made me feel as if I'd finally arrived which was a much needed reaffirmation during a time when Chasing Dreams, my latest release is collecting polarizing reviews -- which incidentally also makes me feel as if I've arrived.
It was strange and wonderful being recognized as an author. It definitely blew up my ego a little ;)

What about you? Have you ever been recognized for what you do versus who you are?
 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh congrats to you Miss Author Kelli Evans! Don't you worry, I'm sure this is the first of many times you will be recognized for your talents. I'm thrilled and inspired to hear such great news.
    Happy Monday, Kelli. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsi, you're sweet! Thank you and I'm constantly inspired by you as well.
      Happy Monday right back, Kelsi!

      Delete