Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Where do your ideas come from?"

So I'm always getting asked where I come up with story ideas. I have such a hard time finding a way to answer this question. I mean my ideas come from everywhere but people tend to be underwhelmed with that response. Well, today I'm offering a glimpse into a writer's mind ... Brace yourself.
 
So in my neck of the woods it's harvest season. Today we gathered apples for cider. Yum! While spending half the day bent over picking windfalls my big, curious, goofy Great Dane stumbled on an underground bee's nest.
I look over and he's engulfed in a swarm. I immediately start running with him and swatting the bees off. One extra zealous bee even dive bombed me square in the eyeball. After all was said and done, all I wanted to do was get to my keyboard because I had the perfect scenario for my hero to get our heroine out of her clothes ...

And that's how it works.
So my answer is obviously bees.
My ideas come from bees. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment