Monday, May 6, 2013

All about my WIP (Work In Progress)

I was asked about my current Work In Progress. I figured I'd share all the deets with you guys too :)





1. What is your working title/title of your book?
 Chasing Dreams (Falling #1)

2. Where did the idea come from for the book? 
I wrote book #3 in this series first. In that story the Heroine's brother is giving her some advice and while he's doing that he highlights a little bit of his own romantic encounter with his wife. I decided I had to see what their story looked like from the inside and went back to write it?

 3. What genre does your book fall under?
  Contemporary Romance.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
 This is so difficult because I can't think of any actors who look like Nathan looks in my head. He's tall, wiry, and athletic. A body like a runner or a swimmer.
The same with Selina although Marion Cotillard could pull it off.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I haven't actually written one yet so I'll just throw one out there for you.
The Falls bring two people together while life tries to tear them apart.
 

 6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
 I'll be resubmitting this book to Taliesin Publishing after a request from them to Revise & Resubmit. I'm hoping they'll pick it up.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
 This particular one, ohhh probably about three weeks.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
 Hmmm. I'm not sure I can think of one, honestly. I was told it reads a little like an old Cary Grant movie. I was pretty pleased to hear that. (I love Cary Grant.)

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My Beta (who has been reading and reviewing everything I've written since we were twelve) begged me to tell this story. It's been a favorite of hers ever since.

 10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
It's a little different than my last three published books. 
Nathan Lawson meets Selina LeClezio while on  break in Niagara Falls. Sparks fly the first time they meet and the two quickly jump head first into a fast hot fling. Tragedy strikes and Nathan is pulled away from his week long spring break, and week long tryst much too soon.
While separated the two are dealt heavy struggles and simultaneously lingering feelings that neither had anticipated. Will either one decide to chase their dreams of being together or will it be left to the magic of The Falls to show them their destinies?

It's hot, sweet, and incredibly romantic. I'm not going to lie, though, I'm a little biased... but only a little ;)
I'll keep you all up to date about it but expect to see it out sometime this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment